FINAL WEBINAR IN THE SERIES!!! June 24, 9 AM Pacific
* Duane Griffith – Extension Specialist, Montana State University
* Dale Nordquist – Extension Specialist, Center for Farm Financial Management, University of Minnesota
Duane Griffith will demonstrate how a very condensed version of financial statements, RDFinancial, can help educators and producers understand why a complete financial analysis of an operation is important. Griffith will illustrate concepts covered by all of the previous speakers, including an increased emphasis on liquidity, the need to understand the financial impact family goals may have on the business, and accurate measures of repayment capacity.
The flow of information between financial statements will be demonstrated and how poorly prepared financial analysis can lead to poor management decisions and possibly financial disaster. Understanding your financial ratios and measures will also be discussed as a way to communicate effectively with your lender using an accurate set of information.
Dale Nordquist will discuss FINPACK, a comprehensive farm financial planning and analysis program. Dale will also present on AgPlan, an online farm business planning tool that allows you to develop a business plan; learn what you need to include through tips and resources; view sample plans for ideas; and, share the plan with educators, lenders or consultants.
The series is targeted towards providing information that helps producers make informed decisions and improves ag professional’s ability to work with their farm and ranch customers/clients. Each session is scheduled for 60 to 90 minutes with plenty of opportunity for the participants to interact with the presenters. All webinar start times are at 9AM Pacific. (10AM Mountain, 11 AM Central, and 12 noon Eastern)
• To Participate: (no pre-registration is required – first come – 500 seats available)
• Equipment you will need: A computer that has a set of speakers and a high speed internet connection (LAN, DSL/Cable Modem, High speed wireless).
• Web link used for the entire series:
• This web link opens a screen that has the “Enter as a Guest” option selected. Use this option and enter your name and then click on the “Enter Room” button.
• The start time for all webinars in this series is 9:00 am Pacific Daylight time. Please log on a few minutes early to view information about how to ask presenters questions and to make sure your audio is working.
• If you are unable to join the live webinar due to technical problems (click here for help) OR if the webinar room seat limit has been exceeded, please check back here (http://FarmManagement.org/AgInUncertainTimes) to access the recorded version. We will post the recording as soon as the compiled version is available.
The Ag in uncertain times webinar series runs through December with
• Operating in the face of uncertain credit, June 9, 10, 17, and 24
• Operating in the face of uncertain markets, September 9, 16, and 23
• Families facing uncertainty in agriculture, October 7, 14, and 21
• Operating in risky environments, November 4, 11, and 18
• Pulling it all together: Managing Ag Enterprises in Uncertain times, December 2, 9, and 16
The slide presentations and recordings of the webinars from the June 9, June 10 and June 17 programs are posted on the following web site along with the recordings of the very informative presentations by Dr. David Kohl, Jay Penick, Curt Covington, Chris Beyerhelm, Joel Lorenzen, Cori Price and Robert Syron. To find the presentations and for additional information about topics and speakers for this webinar series, please visit: http://farmmanagement.org/aginuncertaintimes
For additional information email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call John Nelson, 509-477-2176.
• Note: Consider subscribing to these webpages via the RSS feed. You will be notified of additions to the site automatically.